Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 3: Nov 11, 2009 - SICK

I had planned on taking Remembrance Day off - well, because it's Veterans Day and that's just how it goes. But I didn't plan on spending the day in bed. Started out with a head ache last night, then crazy tired and cranky, flem in throat, feverish... SWINE FLU started running through my mind. Around noon my body started aching all over (another SF symptom); but I didn't really want to take a pain killer because I wanted to know what my body was doing and going through.

SO, I remedied it with my wife's tea and some crazy vitamin intake:

Wife's Get Better Tea: (additions noted by *s)

Raw Ginger Root slices
1/4 Lemon sliced
1/4 Lemon squeezed
1/2 Lime sliced
1/2 Lime squeezed
1/4 Orange squeezed*
(vitamin C)
1 tablespoon of honey (or more if you like)
4 cups water
Bring to boil, let reduce and serve

Today I learned that ginger root:
Aids in Digestion, Alleviates High Blood Pressure, Treats Nausea & Morning Sickness, and lowers LDL Cholesterol. Herbal-Supplements-Guide.com also said that it's originally used to cure things like menstral cramps, sea sickness, food poisoning and even body odor! Talk about a handy root to carry around in your jersey pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment